Friday 30 April 2010

Lightening RnD

I've not written in a long, long time but I'm hitting back with a massive upload of intel. First off I finally received the final environment, which comes in at a massive 220,000+ polygons. I had to first off get non-essential objects into different layers, so that I could even manipulate the model environment. I imported the awesome animation created by Tom, and then positioned it into the right place on the environment.

In total over 48 lightening dynamic strikes were used to create the effect we needed. To match the movement of the lightening to Tom's animation I parented each of the lightening control points to a bone. In this way where ever the bone, the lightening follows. I also keyed all of the lightening strikes to follow what was required from the shot sequence.

1 comment:

  1. Oh hell yeah, nice lighning effects especially the ambient lighting.

    ReplyDelete